As part of its mission to provide educational gas processing resources, GPAC is continuing a Gas Processing 101 (GP101) course that offers members a comprehensive source for information about the gas processing industry, with a particular focus on Canadian production and distribution.
GP101 is designed for people who:
- are new to industry
- wish to re-enter the field
- are interested in transitioning to a different segment of the industry
- are interested in learning more about certain topics
Presented over 14 modules by a collection of industry experts, GP101 provides both a theoretical and practical basis on a variety of subjects and explains how each one fits into the industry’s bigger picture. When combined, the modules provide a comprehensive overview of gas processing. However, the modules are stand-alone lessons that include an industry overview and members only interested in specific topics will also find value in taking the modules individually.
- Gas Processing Overview / History
- Production / Gas Gathering
- Compression and Pumps
- HC Recovery / Fractionation
- Sulphur Recovery Unit
- Acid Gas Injection
- Fired Equipment, Heat Exchangers, Cooling Towers
- Utilities, Refrigeration / Relief Systems / Storage
- Operation / Safety
- Economics / Distribution
Lectures can be attended in person or via web broadcast and are ONLY available to GPAC members (GPAC membership: $85)
Course reference material: GPSA databook – Available for purchase at http://gpacanada.com/publications
Sponsorship opportunities available by contacting the GPAC office.